img_8708
Hey. Just from the title “favorite place in the world” you might expect some moving article about how my favorite place in the world is wherever I am with my family/boyfriend/girlfriend/friends or whatever but Nah. My favorite place is a popular tourist attraction located in New York city – Top of the Rock.
img_7733
I visited this place 2 years ago, 20 July 2016. I spend summer in America traveling and basically having the best time ever. You can read about my time in New York City and what I did there to make me fall in love with the city in this article  HERE.
img_8694

For those of you who are not familiar with this attraction –  it’s a 70 floors high skyscraper in New York City and the highest floor has 360-degree city view deck available for tourists.

Why Top of the Rock?

It’s so mainstream, every fashion/travel/food/or whatever blogger took pictures there and you can find tons of same style photographs on Instagram. It’s not quite expensive (30-36$ depending on season and time) to get there and it’s always so crowded up there.

Well – for me – the beauty lies in the fact that so many people consider this place beautiful and worth taking a shot and memorizing forever.

All of the people who were there at that same moment saw the same breathtaking sunset as I did – as we were there in times from 6-9pm. Pink sky turning darker and city lights turning on. Unforgettable.

Everything looks better from the distance.

To see this huge city layout in front of me. Six million people living their life right under my sight. 6 million stories. Even more problems but it seem so small from up far.

Strong sense of privacy hit me once I realized my whole country Slovakia has the same amount of people as NYC.

Privacy? In 6 million cities?
Hell yes. There is a very low chance you’re gonna randomly meet same people every day. The very low chance that this person would recognize you or your family as a small town-people in a place  I grew up in.

Not that your action doesn’t matter. It’s just there is so much going on in a big city. Focus change so don’t take it too seriously.

I’m just a sucker for big cities with high buildings, grey color, tons of people, tourists blocking the way, flashing lights from cameras, different languages, places to see.

Ever-changing never boring.

New York left the biggest impression on me.
img_8700

The moment of peace and strange life fullness I felt sitting on some stony pole at 70 floors of Rockefeller center watching the sunset over New York City. A city that never sleeps convinced me that this is my all time favorite place in the world.

I have not traveled as much as I want to yet. But I’ve been blessed with more than most of the people and no other place made me feel so fine like Top of the Rock – NYC

img_8710
xo Natalia

29 Comments

1. September 22, 2018 / 3:29 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

2. September 22, 2018 / 4:14 am

“To see this huge city lay out in front of me, six million people living their life right under my sight, 6 millions stories, even more problems but it seems so small from up far.”
    Haha… Right. I definitely need to visit NY sometime.
    – Akhil from vibeswithin.wordpress.com

3. September 22, 2018 / 6:45 am

It’s been a while since I came across such a detailed review about a place. Your happiness of being there resonates in every word you wrote and entices the reader to be there to feel it for themselves. Thank you for enlightening us and giving a virtual tour 🙂 .

4. Sheree
    September 22, 2018 / 7:48 am

I can see the attraction but, if like me, you don’t enjoy heights…………it’s a no, no.

5. September 22, 2018 / 10:27 am

Lovely view, I’d love to go to New York sometime.

6. September 24, 2018 / 12:10 pm

Love how excited you sounded to be in a new place in a big city. I’m about to travel myself to a huge city in a country I’ve never been to. Your enthusiasm has reminded me this will be an adventure instead of worrying about all the hassles of traveling and 22 hours to get there! Hope you get to travel more. It’s lovely!

7. September 25, 2018 / 7:34 pm

It’s an awesome city!

8. September 27, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I seem to remember the ride in the lift with its glass ceiling was pretty good, even before the view hit you.

9. September 30, 2018 / 7:17 am

Wow!!! That so amazing views..
    Thanks for this post Nat😃

10. October 6, 2018 / 11:46 am

Always fun to read someone’s perspective of home.

11. October 9, 2018 / 6:39 pm

If you can’t find what you are looking for in NYC, it probably doesn’t exist. I lived there for six years. It seems to be the only state that is trying to hold Trump accountable for his many crimes.

12. October 10, 2018 / 10:41 pm

You know, I’ve lived on the East Coast all my life – and so close to NYC. I have no idea why I haven’t ventured to the Top of the Rock. Beautiful views, wonderful pictures xo

13. October 10, 2018 / 11:06 pm

Beautiful photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

14. October 11, 2018 / 6:16 am

Indeed. Don’t know about The Rock, but New York does leave an impression on you.

15. October 16, 2018 / 5:10 pm

I too like NYC because my favourite and kind hearted friend-cum-blogger The Lonely Author lives there.he is amazing poet .may be it is affected him and breeze of NYC inspire him.do you know him?.his real name is Andrews Deran.💕💕💕💕💕my wish is to come NYC n enjoy in there’s atmosphere.love,dear!!

16. October 16, 2018 / 5:12 pm

You are lucky dear!!

17. October 21, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Great post! I love to travel as well and I can see your enthusiasm to the city in your post. Love the pics.

18. October 21, 2018 / 9:45 pm

New York is an awesome city to visit. I was there 10 yrs ago but would love to go back again. Your post is infectious. The photos are great. Thank you for sharing your visit. H

19. October 22, 2018 / 12:23 pm

Beautiful travelogue. Anand Bose from Kerala.

20. October 22, 2018 / 2:41 pm

Welcome to the big apple. It’s a great city to visit. I have done it a few times to go to the theater. I live in the opposite extreme–off the grid–but as a writer I love to visit cities of culture. I like your Marilyn Monroe do.

21. Michael Whyte
    October 23, 2018 / 11:10 pm

Hi Natalie
    Thank you for liking my post. I read your headline posts and was amazed at your bravery in the Road to self love post. I am a big Marylyn fan and your make up was fab, and I too loved New York, this was my experience https://mickosthehat2.wordpress.com/category/drawing-2/the-fairytale-of-new-york/day-1-the-fairytale-of-new-york/
    My daughters are older than you, but fair play for your honesty, it hit me in the heart.
    Good luck and stay lucky.
    From a random person on the internet.
    Mickos xx

22. October 27, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Indeed, lived there close to 20 years, best city in the world for sure, in terms of ‘experience’ 🙂

23. October 31, 2018 / 10:20 pm

Definitely will have to check this out!
    visiting NY is a dream