Hey. 2019 is the worst and it’s been just 12 days. I’m having really shitty year so far so let me rant for a while. I had high hopes for this year but this bitch is really testing me. It’s been just 12 impossible days and I’m already done.

2019 is the worst.

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt 2019

Here is what had happened to me so far and there has been a lot. So I’m gonna put it all in different categories.

My youngest sister and her guy

I have 2 younger sisters, 16 and 18 years old. There is a big age difference between me and my sisters and I was proper big sister/mum to them forever. That’s why I was so struck when I heard that my baby sister is having a “thing” with some american guy. Nothing wrong with that. They have been talking on the instagram and snapchat for sometime under month. Nothing wrong with that. He’s an adult and a soldier from Texas. Still nothing wrong with that but a little worried about grown ass man showing intrest in 16 years old. He’s traveling to Slovakia to visit my baby sister and spend a week with her.

HOLD THE FUCK UP.

That’s creepy as fuck – who travels 12 hours and pays 1000$ to visit a young girl he found online ??!

I’m so surprised with my sister as well  – first of all to actually talking to him. She’s not very good in english. She’s capable of writing as it’s easy to search for a word you’re not familiar with. But she can’t speak for shit. She couldn’t tell me some basic info about the guy she invited for a week so obviously I told her that I’m against her meeting with him in such short time. It’s too dangerous. Surprise surprise the guy messaged me after that claiming he’s willing to answer all of my questions so I wouldn’t worry about my baby sister.

I’ve had my share of online creeps and that’s just natural when you work online.

I don’t even accept all of those sleazy comments I get on here and my instagram message box is full of strangers making moves on me but I would never ever thought of replaying to such messages. It’s a waste of time for starter and I’m not gonna support that deviant behaviour. And that’s why it’s so absurd for me that my own sister not only talks so them but also wants to meet them. Yes sure he might not the that guy and I’m being over protective and gosh I wish I was wrong and he’s not some serial killer or rapist who feeds on naive little girls like my sister.

I rather be wrong than sorry.

I’m sure you’re interested in what me and the guy talked about. I asked about his intentions with my sister, his family and other personal stuff and his answers were just perfect. Straight from the book. His family volunteers in africa. He’s good christian guy. Virgin and he can’t have sex before marriage. He wants to visit our lovely country and other bullshits I’ve heard thousand times before.

Am I in wrong ? That’s not normal right ? Am I being totally paranoid ? What would you do/think in my situation?

My other sister and her blaming

To this affair stepped up my other sister yelling at me to stop interfering in their lives. Said that I am messed up in my head and I have wrong opinions. That I’m not their mum and they don’t need me helping them. Also said that I need to stop thinking I had it bad cuz a lot of people are depressed and it was all my fault for not talking about my feelings in first place. That I’m playing victim. People have it worst than me. Told me I’m just hating on all men for not wanting our sister meeting with this guy from internet.

I didn’t handle that well to be honest. I’ve been doing so much better since I’ve been on antidepressants and to hear those words form my little sister was not good form me. It’s been months since I cried like that and I felt like a went back months in therapy. That hurt a lot.

It’s so strange that my own sister is everything that’s wrong in viewing mental illnesses and I can’t make her understand. I’m sure she will once she grow up but I just can’t have that ideas in my life anymore.
I know I’m not in wrong in this one and my depression wasn’t my fault. It’s never anyone’s fault. It’s an illness and its horrible of her to think that.

Broken laptop

In this misery of mine God decided that my laptop should stop working just in case I was feeling better. I can’t be that much surprised cuz it was just a rebound laptop – cheapest I could find and that’s why the repair was not an option cuz it would cost almost as much as the original price of laptop.

I’m writing this complaint on my brand new laptop that I just bought for money I’m in desperate need for because of unexpected events that happened next.

Biggest blow of 2019

Ex roommate drama

Me and Domc my best friend since we were kids moved to Prague together to start our new jobs in september 2018.

I always considered her as a sister. Before informed you few times about how happy I am with my new place, new job, great friends and just everything that went well in my life. I should have known shit will go down somehow.

2 days ago as I was hanging out with Domc as usual she just turns to me out of the blue and says that we need to talk about our future. She told me she does not want to live with me anymore. I have 3 months to move away or she’ll move.

Quite a shock I must say.

I still can’t believe this is for real.

Of course I did not expect us to live together forever but I believe we would last at least a year and not only 5 months. I was so happy with my life and the fact that I finally had some sense of stability for the first time in my life. I knew that I didn’t have to worry about my living situation for at least a year but surprise surprise that was a lie.

So obviously I asked her why so suddenly.

I was seriously not expecting that, and I found out that she planed this since october and been looking for a place to move with her boyfriend for some time now just never bothered to tell me.

While she was working on her escape plan I kept decorating our apartment. I even ordered new wardrobe for my room and had to bring those fucking heavy packages to our place on my own. She then had the balls to tell me I won’t be needing that wardrobe cuz she’s kicking me out.

Not that it’s her place at all. But we got it through her family so obviously she’s gonna be the one that stays and I’m the one that has to leave.

She also claims to feel guilty that I sleep on the couch.

To explain – we have  – well we had – beautiful apartment with one separate room where I stayed at first and one big room that’s connected to kitchen where she slept.

She was not happy back then either so we switched rooms and I thought things would be ok but nope. My ex roommte complains that she can’t make midnight snack cuz I’m already sleeping at midnight. She claims this was just part-time solution for her and she thought that I was unhappy too.

The girl found it weird that I kept planing how we would spend summer here but never bothered to say anything.

She also offered that I’ll stay in this place but there is no way I could not afford to live here on my own. I refuse to ever live with anyone anymore so basically she just made major life changing decision for me.

She wants to live with her boyfriend and not me.

Fyi – her boyfriends is my ex-boyfriend and I honestly never felt weird about it cuz I didn’t have any feelings for him ever. But turns out a guy destroys another one of my friendships.

I don’t believe in love. There are so many things I’d like to say about love but I believe that deserves separate article.

For my view of love check out this article called Let’s talk about love.

My friends keep wondering why I’m so sceptical about relationships in general when I come from good family where my parents still acts ridiculously cute even after over 20 years of marriage.

Truth is that every guy that ever came in to my life took one friend from me.

There is my high school roommate who fell in love with this douche who forbids her form being friends with anyone. She moved away without a word and we’ve been friends since kindergarten and I know bare shit about her now. Then there is my university roommate who fell in love with this smarty pants heads over heels and realised she doesn’t need a friend anymore cuz she have a boyfriend now. So I lost another roommate and a friend.

And now I’m loosing another roommate for a guy.

I believe you see my pattern here right?

I just don’t know when will I finally learn and stop trusting wrong people when I should be trusting the only person who ever truly cared about me – my mum.

That woman is incredible. She told me months ago that I shouldn’t live with Domc, that she will abandon me and I’ll be left alone with no place to live. I remember vividly swearing by Domc how she would never do that, that she’s not like her mother and she would never do that to me.

Well that was a lie.

It’s 12 days into 2019 but I want to make few new resolutions.

• I’m gonna listen to my mum –  that woman is always right and wants the best for me. Shame I have her stubbornness that makes me do things my own ways and do my own mistakes. I also have my fathers humanity. He can’t say no to people and always trust that people are genuinely good and that is a deadly combination.
  • I’m not gonna depend on no one but myself – I can’t live with anyone else anymore. To count on someone. Revolve your life around their words and then being disappointed by their behaviour is something I will not go through again.
  • Always have several back up plans prepared – I used to live by this rule but since I moved with Domc I relaxed too much. Everything is good I’m not gonna think about the worst scenario. My bad.

Honestly I don’t remember being so disappointed and angry ever.

Now I’m doing what my parents recommended me to do – I’m not gonna do any life changing decisions while I’m this angry. I need a couple of days to think it over.

Domc panned this for months but I’ve just found out I have no place to live 2 days ago. She claims that she’ll help me with everything from finding new place to moving but sorry I have hard time believing a word she says now.

Worst thing is that I keep thinking what did I do wrong. How is this my fault.

Was I bad roommate ?

Was I too demanding when I asked her to clean apartment once in a while or to learn how to use our washing machine?

Is she blaming me for her long distance relationship?

Truth is there is nothing I could do differently, she was planing this all along.

I made a new years resolution to take things as they. But that is much easier said than done because of how unfair it all feels. She’s the one that wants to move with someone else but I’m the one who has to change everything.

No compromise.

I keep trying to see something positive in all of this. I’ll be living on my own and won’t have to deal with other people’s bullshit. I can decorate my place however I like. I can get a pet finally.

But the truth is that I am terrified and hopeless.

I have no idea what future brings me and not in that nice positive way that it’s been since now “what exciting news will future bring me” more like “I’m gonna be homeless with no money and friends” kind of way and that sucks. This whole situation sucks and I never saw it coming.

I regret the time I wasted that’s never getting back. I could have made so many different things meanwhile I’ve been waiting for her to find the guts to tell the truth.
What more can I say.
Thank u, next.

Sorry for bumping you out
xo Natalia

154 Comments

January 12, 2019 / 4:26 pm

🙂

1. January 12, 2019 / 4:25 pm

It’s days or weeks like that where I’m all, ‘fuck it, being on the next issue.’ I know it’s easier days then done but you got this and will overcome the BS. Much 💜

January 12, 2019 / 4:25 pm

January 12, 2019 / 4:32 pm

Exactly

2. January 12, 2019 / 4:37 pm

No no no l am not accepting that! Things may appear to start bad but there are do much other things to be thankful for focus on them
    Sent from my iPhone

3. January 12, 2019 / 4:39 pm

I hope everything gets better for you.
    Blessings to you

4. January 12, 2019 / 4:40 pm

Hi, Natalia. I’m sorry to hear that 2019 has gotten off to such a rocky start for you.
    I applaud you for putting your inner thoughts into writing. Writing down thoughts can be very therapeutic in relieving stress and depression.
    I will be praying for the situation regarding your sisters. Personally, I don’t think you are wrong to be concerned about an adult man showing romantic interest in your teenage sister. I feel that if his intentions truly were pure, he’d keep his distance at least until she is an adult.
    It sounds like you’ve learned some life lessons from these ordeals with your friend/roommate. While it is natural to feel regret over mistakes we’ve made, I encourage you not to allow the regret to dominate your mind, doing so will only keep you stuck in depression. Give yourself a pat on the back for having the courage and wisdom to learn and grow from these ordeals.
    It is definitely good to acknowledge that if we’ve got good loving parents, we could all do better at heeding their advice.
    I pray that a great opportunity will come about for you to have a great new place to live.
    Take care, and trust that things will get better.

January 12, 2019 / 4:41 pm

5. January 12, 2019 / 4:42 pm

If a grown man was coming to visit my niece who is the same age as your sister, I would call the police on him if he actually came.
    Prayed for you this morning.

January 12, 2019 / 4:43 pm

• January 12, 2019 / 6:49 pm

So would I! And I wouldn’t tell my sister, I would fake it and get that fucker reported (btw I don’t think he’s a virgin) well goodluck ! I don’t think you could make all this up if you tried sounds stressful but no pain no gain bb

January 12, 2019 / 7:07 pm

• January 12, 2019 / 7:19 pm

I don’t believe what he is saying either. No mature and mentally sound man would pursue a 16 year old girl in another country through social media. Red Flags!!!

• January 15, 2019 / 9:25 am

How about first, as in right this moment, communicate with this young man(as in voice-to-voice), and ask him how old she is.
      This young man can not believe she is under 18, surely….
      If he does know her age, then I can make sure he is watched from now on, by The DOJ.
      OK, so now I will start judging…. if this “young” soldier knows she is not 18, then it is very much a possibility that he is NOT a young soldier, but possibly a Child Predator, in which case I would doubt he travels alone for this sort of thing.
      If you wish, give me a heads up and I will post you an email address.
      Sincerely,
      Robert
      PS – Keep up the great writing

6. January 12, 2019 / 5:29 pm

Nothing happens without a purpose, I am deeply connected to this story you have told us. In my understanding you have been called to something great… even beyond your powers of reasonable doubts.. Something beyond your powers that you will achieve in life yet the current situation is depriving you never to fulfill it….. Trust GOD you will make it happen. I love people who are honest just like you… They end up in good things despite weird situations they find themselves into. People are naturally genius when it comes to reality…. Almost everyone has seen the complaint you have raised in the public opinion to decide on your behalf… Believe me or not….I am happy you have reached a point of knowing things in reality just like a matured adult. I will always love people who think like you and wish we can meet together to build a good relationship so tight together and forever.

7. January 12, 2019 / 5:43 pm

It could only get better 😉 cheer up

January 12, 2019 / 5:50 pm

Thanks

8. January 12, 2019 / 5:46 pm

Oh bless you! I’m so sorry that this has happened to you! I hope things get better for you when you have your own apartment

January 12, 2019 / 5:50 pm

9. January 12, 2019 / 5:50 pm

Sorry you are having a difficult time. And concerning the guy who is coming to visit your sister, that guy sounds like a pedo, I wouldn’t trust him.

10. January 12, 2019 / 5:57 pm

Oh my goodness, Natalia, that is some horrible start to a year 🙁
    With your sister – you are so right. I mean, what healthy person would even consider going to stay with someone they didn’t know – as in had spoken to for a month online? For all he knows, you and your sister could be one and the same – a total psychopath playing a clever game and running a sort of Bates Motel for unsuspecting soldiers. So at best he is a bit of a childish love-addict. At worst he’s an abuser. We both know which he’s most likely to be, don’t we?

• January 12, 2019 / 6:02 pm

Sorry, posted too soon.
      With your other sister – oh don’t I just know that well-intentioned bad advice! ‘Trust like you’ve never been hurt!’, ‘you’re too suspicious of men!’ Er no, I just can read how toxic people operate, out of experience. Most people are far too trusting, and assume everyone thinks like they do. They are not aware that there are predatory people in this world, men and women.
      And as someone once said, the worst thing about betrayal is that it always comes form someone you trust. that must be so devastating, to learn that Domc has been planning to leave since October. Honestly, I don’t know if I could get past that sort of betrayal.
      If it’s any consolation, I truly believe that when everything breaks down, it is heralding a breakthrough. I wish you every happiness for 2019, and from the few blog posts of yours I’ve read so far, you sound like you are so together for your age, that I am sure you can get through these set backs and smash this year! xx

January 12, 2019 / 6:03 pm

11. January 12, 2019 / 6:08 pm

Okay, I couldn’t get past the first portion of this blog because it made me furious. I can almost guarantee that the American guy flying in to meet your sister does NOT have good intentions. It’s ILLEGAL for grown men to have sexual relations with girls under the age of 18 in the US, and I GUARANTEE that guy is flying in to have sex with your 16-year-old sister; no doubt about it. He’s acting exactly like a pedophile, and if does anything with your sister he could be in serious trouble.
    Also, I grew up in very conservative circles in the US, so I know first hand that any American, especially a male, who describes themselves as a “good Christian” is likely to be a bad person. I wouldn’t let this guy anywhere near your sister if I were you; I highly doubt he has good intentions.

January 12, 2019 / 6:09 pm

• March 6, 2019 / 3:13 am

Yes, I would say that out of all the postings I’ve read in response to the situation with your sister this one is the best, so pay attention. I second the fact that Christian African missionary is way too mechanically correct. Really? No, please inform her immediately about all the facts you have read here! Especially, the fact that it is illegal to have sex with any one under 18 in the US, therefore one can be certain that is probably his intentions and way of circumventing the law. Do what you can to help, but remember there is only so much that you can do. In the end, it is ultimately up to your sister to make the final choice. Good luck!

12. January 12, 2019 / 6:09 pm

Oh boy. January always sucks but not usually that bad. I have my fingers crossed that everything works out for you.

January 12, 2019 / 6:10 pm

13. January 12, 2019 / 6:44 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that your 2019 isn’t going great, but hey, life always seems to like throwing in crazy events doesn’t it? And as a quote I like says ‘don’t say why me, say try me’ stay strong xx

January 12, 2019 / 6:44 pm

14. January 12, 2019 / 7:28 pm

So sorry you are going through so much please -please don’t turn cynical!
    I am praying for you right now and so sorry- but I have found God saves me from such a mess!
    God bless you
    Rev Bill Turner
    Global Outreach UK

January 12, 2019 / 7:32 pm

15. January 12, 2019 / 8:21 pm

You are having a crappy start to 2019 for sure. You are so right to be concerned about your sister and the american guy it sounds anything but innocent, you’ve warned her and you’ve let him know you’re not happy. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with this at all.
    And as for the best friend, she’s obviously no longer the friend you thought she was… but knowing that won’t make your situation better in any way.
    Just wanted to add my voice of support, take care xx

January 12, 2019 / 8:32 pm

16. January 12, 2019 / 9:28 pm

So sorry that you’re going through such a hard time. Keep strong, if you can get through the bad times then the good times are just around the corner

January 12, 2019 / 9:30 pm

17. January 12, 2019 / 11:23 pm

Dearest Natalia,
    Greetings! Natalia, I am so sorry to hear how the new year has gone so far for you. Indeed, it sounds very challenging. I’ll start with your first section, about your baby sister. I agree that it is good to be cautious. However, it also seems that life and technology has changed enormously, and very, very quickly. Meeting new people online is now a huge, common thing. So, that is now normal and ordinary. I would want to know how old your sister’s boyfriend is. Yes, he is older. How much older, though? If he is in the military as you said, he must be at least 18. If he is 18, 19, 20? Even 21, that is not so unusual. Nothing wrong there being interested in young girls like that, you know? After all, girls that are 16, 17, 18 are interested quite naturally to men a few years older than them, because such men are more mature than boys that are right next to them in age, so that doesn’t surprise me either, on your sister’s part. I would want to know more about him. If he is under 22, I would be cautious, but seek to learn more, and be open to positive potential. This young American soldier may be genuine, sincere, and an excellent person.
    Your friend, Domc? Wow. She has been knowing and planning this since October? And yet, you had just moved in together in September!!! Arrrggghhh. That is not nice of her, at all, Natalie. I completely sympathize with your tears and anger, Natalie. You have been betrayed. She has betrayed your whole planning and assumed security for the near future, when she knew all along it was on her part very temporary. That is very inconsiderate and disrespectful, even if “betrayal” may be hyberbolic. That’s what she wants, so as you said, you must move. I totally get your frustration with living with other people. Even amongst “roommates” and friends, TRUST is critical. Being forced to move unexpectedly is very stressful. I have had to experience that in my life as well, so I am qute familiar with the sense of stress, helplessness, and urgency. I am a person that likes security very much, myself.
    Unless you make enough to solely support yourself, having roommates is an unfortunate necessity. In the future, I would like you said, have several backup plans. Until YOU can be sure you can take care of everything yourself, you have to sort of plan on life being temporary, chaotic, and kind of stupid. People under 25 tend to make stupid, quick decisions, with things not thought out, often with little thought to consequences or how decisions affect other people around them. That is a reality if most of the people you are likely to roommate with are under 25 years old. So, it will be good to know that going forward.
    It will be challenging finding people that are secure, solid, and dependable, Natalie. Is it possible for you to live with your parents for a time? That would be beneficial, so you could save up more money, build your savings, and become stronger. Plus, doing so would hopefully reduce the stress and lack of stability and security you are experiencing right now. I feel for you, Natalie. Do you drink? LOL. Do you smoke? Reading your story here and what you are going through right now makes me want to drink some Irish Coffee–that’s hot coffee with a nip of liquor in it–and smoke a fine cigar. LOL. I would also suggest that as hard as things seem right now, for you to go out and do something fun. Get some good food that you REALLY enjoy, and do something fun. Go dancing, or go to the theater, and such. Then have a good drink and smoke, and read a good book. Do a bit to get some positive emotions going, too, while you also face difficulties.
    I wish you the best, Natalia! Stay strong, girl!
    Your Friend,
    SHARK

January 12, 2019 / 11:32 pm

Thank you so much for this long comment. To answer your questions her “boyfriend” claims to be 21 but I’m not sure I believe him.
      It would be amazing to live with my parents but that’s not an option for me as they live in different state than i do but thank you for suggestion. Means a lot

18. January 12, 2019 / 11:45 pm

Perhaps your anger will spur you to put yourself first for a change. I wish you an improved year

January 12, 2019 / 11:46 pm

19. January 13, 2019 / 12:50 am

You are right to be concerned. Your sisters are not mature, although they may think they are. You cannot reason with them, you must say “No!” to protect them from themselves and sketchy foreign men. Read book “Easy Meat” and also “No Go Zones” for further info. (although 1st book is about Muslim “grooming gangs”, much is applicable to all such pervs who target young girls/women). A friend of mine’s sister married a Kuwaiti college student who took her over there – she almost never got back to U.S. of A.. She divorced him after getting safely back to North America with her child.

January 13, 2019 / 8:49 am

20. January 13, 2019 / 2:48 am

Your 2019 does seem to be more than difficult. But for me I was delighted to see that you want to listen to your Mother. My kids are adults and living their own independent lives but quite often they do listen to me. I have lived a long life and made lost of mistakes and also lots of good decisions. I want to try to help my kids get through their difficult times. So mostly I listen and if asked I will give my opinion ( tactfully). I hope your 2019 will turn up for the better.

January 13, 2019 / 8:48 am

21. January 13, 2019 / 3:05 am

That’s bad Natalia
    But I am sure you’ll have some lovely 11 months and 19 days.
    Good luck. We are with you

January 13, 2019 / 8:47 am

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

You are welcome Natalia

22. January 13, 2019 / 4:33 am

That’s weird and you have a right to be concerned. She’s still a minor ffs. Sorry that your year is so rough kiddo. Prayers for you, hopefully things get better soon ❤️

January 13, 2019 / 8:47 am

23. January 13, 2019 / 5:57 am

Damn! First thing, none of this is your fault…Some people are just ‘poop’ sometimes,lol…Definitely take a deep breath and start again. Sometimes teenagers, you just can’t tell them sometimes, unfortunately they have to find out for themselves. Just insist that the first time they meet up it’s in a public place. Don’t take to heart what you’re sisters are saying, because you have every right to be suspicious and I doubt your Mum is okay with the situation as well. One day, they will thank you. Usually people will lash out when they are know they are doing something wrong.
    The only thing I can suggest with your living situation, is first, listen to your instincts, don’t let her help. I don’t know where you live, but sometimes the Local library and community centres have room mate listings. Or speak with a professional about budgeting your money. Do you have other friends who live with others, or own their own? Take a breathe and put the feelers out!

January 13, 2019 / 8:46 am

Thank you so much… it’s so good to hear those words cuz I’ve been having some rough sleepless nights blaming myself so I’m glad people think I have a right to be upset

24. January 13, 2019 / 10:23 am

after the rain comes the good weather, it is a French proverb that I tell myself when everything seems to go wrong. hope will all end in order.

January 13, 2019 / 10:23 am

25. January 13, 2019 / 12:02 pm

Sounds like you truly are having a difficult start to the new year. As for your youngest sis, it is creepy AF. Unfortunately, she’s at the age of consent, so there really isn’t anything you can do. I hope your year improves!

January 13, 2019 / 12:03 pm

26. 9_8na
    January 13, 2019 / 1:10 pm

🐸🍵

27. Amir
    January 13, 2019 / 2:30 pm

I just noticed an unusual activity on my blog about you liking too many “crabby” posts of mine, and just wanted to check on your well-being. Glad to hear that you have a strong mind, a great loving family and a clear idea about what love is. Looking forward to you writing on this subject in a bit detail someday whenever you feel like.

28. January 13, 2019 / 4:14 pm

Love yourself and good luck with the other stuff.

29. January 13, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Yo just couldn’t make this stuff up, astounding. I like your resolutions – self protection.

January 13, 2019 / 5:37 pm

30. nat7x
    January 13, 2019 / 5:38 pm

31. January 13, 2019 / 11:18 pm

God what a year, I hope it gets better for you Natalia, as for your friend… What friend gets you to sleep on the couch? The problem isn’t you…
    This kind of thing is why I also lost so much faith and trust in others

32. January 13, 2019 / 11:44 pm

Wow! My heart goes out to you, Natalia. You have to deal with a lot of stress and depression is not something a person can just change their mind about. It takes time and these stressful things with family and friends are not making It easy for you. These bad times teach us the beauty of life when everything is in balance. Still, it is painful. Everyone leaves us eventually. The only question is how it will happen.
    You are right to be concerned for your sister. All I’ve read from you shows you have a good mind and you know what is right to do and it hurts you when others treat your feelings so roughly. But, stay true to yourself. Trust yourself. It isn’t you that has failed or done wrong so there is no reason to accept blame. Your love for your family and true friends will survive difficult times. Stay true to yourself. In you, there is wisdom and strength. Just know that when one is depressed, it is difficult to see the true path we must take but, in every small step forward, we gain back our lives.

January 14, 2019 / 6:52 am

• January 14, 2019 / 2:30 pm

You are welcome. Good luck to you!

33. bo
    January 13, 2019 / 11:45 pm

Natalia–FYI: Here’s a bit of American culture information for you: Protect your baby sister! Obviously, this guy doesn’t have a U.S. girlfriend–no American woman will get involved with him, which is why he’s willing to travel abroad for romance.
    In the US it’s illegal for an older guy to be involved with “jail bait” i.e., a teenage girl. The age of consent in TX is 17; otherwise, it’s statutory rape. Trust me, the creep knows this already, which is why he’s communicating online with your baby sister. If the soldier so much as touches your sister, you can threaten to report him to the U.S. military–U.S. Army, Marines, Air Forces…whatever branch he is in. Seriously, he may well stop all contact with your sister because the military will kick him out with a dishonorable discharge. The US military does not want creeps any more than civilians do.
    Any American would tell this guy to stop contacting his or her teenage sister and tell the guy that the military will be notified about his creepy online romantic activities with teenage girls. Here’s the contact info for the US Department of Defense–please don’t be afraid to contact the Department of Defense–Americans do it all the time: https://www.defense.gov/Contact/
    Also, I hope 2019 gets better for you! Bobbi

January 14, 2019 / 6:53 am

Thank you so much this is very helpful

34. January 14, 2019 / 1:49 am

First up – cos I wanted to reply before I read any more…
    What you are doing to protect your sister is absolutely right. It’s so easy to give text book answers in order to get around someone – and to be honest, in this day and age I would believe a guy more if he wasn’t an alleged virgin! A friend of mine was using English as a middle language online, told the guy she had a son then he asked if she was a virgin! Some people just get off on details, and a 16-yr old is at that difficult stage where her hormones plus life experience are all over the lace. Add in possible stigma and peer pressure….
    Do what you have to do, Natalia. Better to have a laugh about it later than to feel sorrow and guilt.

35. January 14, 2019 / 2:00 am

Point 2…
    Remember my comment about hormones?… Plus your other sidter may be 18 – and yes we all feel so mature by then – remember how everyone at college moves to change the world? Well she is still growing up. There is that fine line too where teens start to become adults and break free and will reswent even a sister for acting lI’llke a mum, Don’t forget how many teens “hate” their parents.
    Even the kindest and fairest people I know have no or little comprehension about mental illness. Saying other people are the same or worse, well that is true, but telling someone that other people are fatter still Won’t make your favourite shirt fut.
    Please cry and let it out, then lose yoUrself in one of your anaxing hobbies and get some fresh air _ or maybe NetflIx in your case! Please do not resort to depending on medication to get you through this. Do not hate her. Have compassion for her cos something is not quite right in herself – who knows how confused she might be feeling right now.
    I wish I could send you one of my chickens to cuddle. Hey! Cuddle your dog!
    As they say here, Suu Suu. Khon keng. Fight, fight, clever (as in able) person.

36. January 14, 2019 / 2:10 am

All you feelings are totally understandable. Hiwever, try not to beat yourself up about things, Stop blaming yourself. Sometimes noone is really to blame unless they are intentionally out to hurt. Sometimes it is just lack of communication, different (and young) people living together, and too much assumption.
    You’ll be fine. But it will take time. It’s good you have your blog as an outlet for your emotions. Everything in life is for a reason even though we do not see it that way when we are in the midst of anger, fear, depression and desperation.
    Just think. Independence! Self- reliance! That is another step in the healing phase of all you have been through. With highs come lows. We need the balance tokeep us realistic. A year has a lot more than 12 days so there is plenty of time to Get better.
    And a year is, after alll, only a manmade imposition on time. Don’t let a date ie 2018 or 2019 or whever take so much emphasis.

January 14, 2019 / 6:58 am

Thank you so much for your long comments it means a lot 🙂

37. January 14, 2019 / 4:39 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about all this bad news. That’s horrible. I hope things will turn around soon.
    Also, for what it’s worth: I think the American guy is creepy.

January 14, 2019 / 6:30 pm

38. January 14, 2019 / 5:54 pm

I agree with you, the dude trying to associate himself with your first sis sounds shady as fuck. Especially more so because of his answers. Seems to be there’s no sincerity in them and he just wants to win your approval. I sincerely hope I’m wrong though.
    And as for the second sister, she must just be in a period of rebellious phase that all children go through. She’ll realize how important you are for her when she grows up xD.
    And I’m sorry but Domc doesn’t really sound like a great friend. She could have drifted in her decision to move in with her boyfriend sooner and at the very least, could have discouraged you from bringing in all those heavy articles after you.
    Anyway, I’m just rambling on unnecessarily now but those were just my two cents haha.
    We’re not even one month into the new year and I’m pretty sure things will look up for you soon. Best wishes ❤.

January 14, 2019 / 6:30 pm

39. nat7x
    January 14, 2019 / 8:55 pm

40. January 14, 2019 / 10:39 pm

He’s an adult and a soldier from Texas. …
    If you have his name, service (Army, Navy etc) and station, you should be able to report him to his Commanding Officer. If the age of consent is 16, there may not be too much they can do….or…you’ll find out the guy is a liar anyway. Nothing wrong with wanting to protect your own.
    Hope you can work things out with you living situation

41. January 15, 2019 / 12:22 am

Hey Natalia! You should think you are lucky to get rid of that “friend ! “ because she is not yr friend at all😏

42. January 15, 2019 / 8:58 am

I really hope that a rocky start turns into a good year. You have good instincts trying to protect your sister, there’s so many non genuine people out there. If she doesn’t want you to help directly hopefully she will listen and take her own precautions. Sharing houses with friends is hard, I did it for several years, and the best ones were ones where we weren’t friends already, but once I got my own place I was much happier.

43. January 16, 2019 / 12:49 am

The story with the online- guy sounds really creepy… I dont know what to say! As far for the rest, it sounds bad coincidences that gathered all together. Try to excercise or yoga or mediate and eat healty. It may seems weird or lame,but it really helps by shifting your mood.

January 16, 2019 / 4:42 am

44. January 16, 2019 / 1:07 am

Truly hoping things get better for you from here on out. Fingers crossed!

January 16, 2019 / 4:42 am

45. January 17, 2019 / 9:46 am

1. Guy sounds like a perve not to be trusted
    2. Your other sister is just trying to assert her own leadership now being 4. Your friend sucks ☹ no real bf would do that in that way. Not even for a partner.
    Sorry to hear you have been doing it tough

January 17, 2019 / 9:53 am

46. January 17, 2019 / 6:55 pm

You’ve had a lot of comments, but if no one has already said it, the American guy’s behavior would border on illegal in the U.S. He knows that. 18 is legal adulthood here concerning romantic relationships. If he continues to approach your sister, I would contact local police to see if he can be reported to U.S. authorities.

• January 29, 2019 / 9:22 pm

Writing is cathartic so good for you. I enjoyed the read. Don’t give up on people and trust. You’ve just been unlucky. It’s not your fault.

January 29, 2019 / 9:28 pm

• rodneyhypolite
      February 10, 2019 / 10:00 pm

If you want to keep on getting what you are getting…. Keep on doing what you are doing.

47. January 18, 2019 / 3:38 am

This is intense. People in the comments have more ably advised and consoled, but all the same, I wholeheartedly wish you well and can only hope that all of our sincere desires for your benefit amount to something felt in you as a genuine comfort.

January 18, 2019 / 4:47 am

• February 17, 2019 / 5:48 pm

Hello! Natalia, I’ve read some of your concerns related to your little sister’s case. In my opinion, to begin with, she is a minor of only 16 years, which means that the intentions of that man can not be good. You are not paranoid, you are well in the interest of protecting your younger sister. I also know that this is a very difficult situation for you, because girls when they fall in love, are not able to listen to anyone’s advice. I wish you the best Natalia and hopefully you can get out of this complicated situation. By Derwell J Fallu

January 18, 2019 / 4:48 am

48. January 19, 2019 / 3:09 am

Hope things get better for you. Your 2019 has surely been “interesting,” to say the least. Yeah…I can understand. My new year has not started out well, but what is that they say? Things could be a lot worse? Sure…LOL….but you never waste time if you’re learning things, even if you wished you’d never learned them in the beginning. Good luck…I have 5 younger sisters, and understand about issues of looking out for them. This American guy needs to get his head straight. Used to work in the prison system, and he could find himself in the slammer if his intentions are not honorable. Great narrative. Loved it….

January 19, 2019 / 8:01 am

49. January 19, 2019 / 3:12 pm

Sorry to hear your year has had such a terrible start. Sincerest wishes that it gets better.

January 19, 2019 / 3:13 pm

50. January 20, 2019 / 8:04 pm

I would recommend looking for a silver lining…a better alternative than your current situation could op3n up if you go looking for it. EG place an ad for a new roommate?

51. January 22, 2019 / 6:24 pm

Hope your year gets better quickly!

January 22, 2019 / 6:41 pm

52. January 23, 2019 / 9:21 pm

Obviously none of my business but NO Christian, virgin male in the military is going to spend a grand to visit a 16 year old girl in order to giggle and hold hands! In fact, my guess is there ARE no Christian virgins in the Military.
    Could be wrong. Could be the greatest guy in the world. By my very young sister would not be permitted within 100 miles of the guy.

53. thoughtsofateenagegirl
    January 24, 2019 / 12:08 am

That guy « dating » your sister is definitely a creep… there’s no justification for it because if you’re a grown ass man going after a 16 yr old you’re a pedophile my dude. Like seriously, going to visit her?! That just sounds nasty. I think the fact that he messaged you makes it worse because why are you adamant bout it my dude? What you wanna do so bad with a 16 yr old? Also, your « friend » is or does it seem she ever was a real friend. I’m sorry my dude but you really should get some new friends

54. January 24, 2019 / 9:15 pm

I am sorry to hear you are going through such upheaval. You are right to be concerned for your younger sisters. Perhaps you can set them an example of stability and good judgment. Wishing you all the best, A. <3

55. January 26, 2019 / 12:37 am

Oh wow! That was a shitty start I hope things are better now. You were totally right about the strange guy thing I would’ve responded the same way. Good looking out for your family, don’t let it stress you to much. Your new chapter should focus on your happiness.

56. January 26, 2019 / 10:41 pm

Never feel bad about doing the right thing. Best thing is keep writing and we are all here to listen and support you.

57. January 27, 2019 / 12:45 am

As long as you think positive, be assured everything will happen to you – positive. Your resolution for 2019 is on the right path, believe yourself and His Almighty. Thanks for such a frankness!!!

January 27, 2019 / 7:30 am

58. January 27, 2019 / 7:05 pm

I think it would be good to share your concerns about this Texan fellow with your local police. They should have some knowledge about human trafficking.and would likely advise you.
    Having sisters is great and your relationships with them will get much better in the next 10 years. Teenage women can say such hurtful things.
    I can appreciate your disappointment in people at present. This too shall pass and better days are coming. Life will look so different in a year from now. Hang in there and remember to love yourself too.
    Pat

59. Laura Benjamin
    February 2, 2019 / 3:53 am

I hope your year improves fast! That American is up to no good. Tell your sister an American woman said so. I am also very sorry about your friend kicking you out. That really bites! But look at it this way. You are smart and talented and you will get your own space with a pet and this year will improve. How could it not?

February 2, 2019 / 8:44 am

60. February 2, 2019 / 12:48 pm

you are completely right to be concerned about your sister. Its a jungle out there.
    Keep being big sister.

61. February 3, 2019 / 4:29 pm

I too could give you advice but I won’t because you know what it is. Loved your style by the way.

62. February 6, 2019 / 4:35 am

Stay positive Natalia

63. February 9, 2019 / 1:39 pm

Wowsers… I sure hope the rest of your year goes much better. As much as family can yell at us to stop worrying about them and to mind our own business, we can’t help BUT worry and be concerned when we see something completely askew (like with you and your sister). She’ll come around, I’m sure. Your friend giving you 3 months notice out of the blue like that was not cool and you deserve better than that.

February 9, 2019 / 1:40 pm

64. February 9, 2019 / 2:34 pm

I think you are correct to worry about your little sister. I think you have good grounds to be concerned. My year has been pretty crappy so far too. If I can help you with a tarot reading, let me know.

65. February 9, 2019 / 2:37 pm

You are absolutely right to be concerned about your little sister. It is not normal behaviour on his part. I recommend you find out what unit he’s with and report the behaviour to his Commanding Officer.

66. February 10, 2019 / 3:08 pm

That man’s behaviour is classic grooming for sex trafficking. Baby girl is all aglow because some guy deigns to like her. Baby sister is likely stubborn like Mamma and Big Sister. So be cunning! Alert local police that you suspect this man is grooming your sister. Ask if the man checks out. Find a friend who has excellent cyber skills to check put this guys profile. He’s a Christian? Ask what church he attends! Ring the pastor for a reference. Check. Check. Check. Smoke the guy out.

67. February 14, 2019 / 5:44 am

Life will have many broken eggs for you. Make sure to make great an omelet out of each one of them.

68. February 16, 2019 / 6:23 pm

I am sorry to hear 2019 has been very negative for you so far, I also am experiencing obstacles in the new year. I know writing is therapeutic and good us all, and when we use our writing to help others it will brighten our lives too.
    Jeff

February 16, 2019 / 6:25 pm

69. February 18, 2019 / 10:47 am

You are not alone with misfortune. Try to think positive thoughts, don’t dwell on what you can’t change, and always set your sites on the future! Wake up each day with gratefulness and take care of you first. Wishing you all good things ❤️ Thank You for reading my blog, it’s just a place to escape to when my mind is full😉
    -AunteeEmms Creative Adventures

February 18, 2019 / 7:39 pm

70. February 19, 2019 / 10:37 pm

First, you are not wrong to be skeptical about the soldier (if he even is) and his intentions with your sis. Even if he’s a young man, he’s a still a grown ass man and should not be trying to seduce 16 year olds.
    Oh man, you have so much going on here and to boil it down to something positive: You’re going to get a Pet! That’s exciting! Just concentrate on that for a while! Hang in there.

71. February 21, 2019 / 4:48 am

You are not being paranoid about your sister. And God’s not in the business of breaking laptops! It just happens. I’m much older than you and the twenties and thirties are the pits – but the forties and fifties are golden! Shine on.

72. February 21, 2019 / 3:53 pm

Even looking globally – 2019 doesn’t look much promising 🙁

73. February 22, 2019 / 12:07 am

A rough start indeed. Hope relationships have smoothed out since then.

74. February 23, 2019 / 7:02 pm

I just read your post about 2019. First off I was in the Army, and I am pretty sure dating an underage girl goes against the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), he could not only get kicked out of the military but have to register as a sex offender. However, I am not entirely sure because the age of consent laws vary. Second, I feel your pain as an older sibling. I definitely think you were right in interceding in this event, but unfortunately, they probably won’t listen to you. I used to try and tell my younger brother and sister what to do because I primarily raised them because my parents were absent alcoholics. Eventually, I realized that they needed to make their own choices and mistakes. Again I am not saying that you should not protect your sister from this predator, but I understand your frustration.

75. February 23, 2019 / 9:10 pm

Damn girl, that’s a lot of crap to deal with! I hope the rest of your year goes more smoothly!

76. February 23, 2019 / 10:08 pm

beware of this guy he can be recruiter for mafia or an human slave trader
    minor east European girls are prey for them and money to lure girls is not important to them
    and a young girl with blonde hair can get them a lot of money
    they are very good liars and get girls to an horrible life

77. February 26, 2019 / 4:31 pm

Oh gosh. I hope the year’s improved for you since all this!

78. February 28, 2019 / 7:14 am

I’m a former soldier and I currently live near a military base in Texas. Ha. He may like your little sister but he also has a lot of motives to get married and bring her here. Be so very careful becuse once out of your site she wouldnt have the resources he might claim. Be SO SO careful with the soldier dude. He has just enough money to trick ya ass and get ya caught up in some BS!!
    Also, if your parents are together, then maybe you could let them handle the little sisters more while you focus on your wish! And rememebr, if you have your mom then you have someone you can rely on. And it seems you have hella support from the blogging community. Write on. Live on. Breathe on. I know its harder said than done but with so many people out here willing you to life… I hope that it makes it easier for you to live!

79. March 3, 2019 / 11:22 pm

I hope everything is going a little better by now?
    Just like you, I would have worried about my 16 year old sister too!
    And it was very thoughtless of your roommate to make plans that affected your living situation, without telling you. Life is so rough sometimes!

80. Zia Clara
    March 4, 2019 / 4:42 pm

Always trust your gut instinct. It is our “animal” nature that is aligned with safety.

81. Oldehickorytaproom.Com
    March 6, 2019 / 3:31 pm

I just like the helpful info you provide to your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again right here frequently.
    I’m somewhat certain I will be told many new stuff proper right here!
    Good luck for the next!

82. March 8, 2019 / 9:40 pm

I’m 75 and retired psychologist with 44 years experience. I’d probably suggest a family member contact the service man’s (with an eye on a 16 year old) commanding officer where he is stationed in Texas. Just to see if this is kosher with his branch of the service. And let me assure you, life gets better. You should have seen the hot mess I was at your age!

83. 13ee_love
    March 11, 2019 / 1:59 am

I am an american and from my lifetime of experience all men put on a front seeming innocent, there obviously is something wronge with this dude if he is trying to get at someone so bad that he has never met. If he is in the military cool for him but that doesnt make him any better of a scum bag trying to get at a kid. This is 2019 adult virgins are the rarest of breeds and if I were you I would hack whatever account she has and have some huge beefy dude be waiting to suprise him when he gets off the plane.

84. March 11, 2019 / 5:50 am

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and
    it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read even more things about it! https://Www.Nlrbfcu.org/the-casey-report-review/