Hey. Over the years I passed several different hairstyles and it’s quite hard to keep up with them all so here is the list and time lines of each individual one.
My natural hair color is brown, but I haven’t seen that color since I was 13. I always wanted to color them red, but my mum was strictly against it.
Funny story: as at that time Facebook wasn’t as essential as it is now, and adding your parents to your friends list was a big deal for most of the teenagers (me including), me and my mum made a deal: She would allow me to dye my hair and in exchange I would accept her friendship request. So that’s how I colored my hair for the first time.
I added my mum on Facebook but I blocked all of my posts from her though. As my mum is not very technical type she didn’t know untill my sisters told on me and i had to unblock her. (for another hair color for me ofc)
I don’t understand why I was acting so secretive. It’s not like I was sharing on fb anything my mum didn’t know anyway. My wall back then was full of songs lyrics and heartbroken quotes full of pain only 13 years old white girl from rich family could experience. I cringe so hard with each Facebook memory that pops up every morning. God bless Mark Zuckerberg and fb memories for daily reminder of how much we grow and that we’re not as ridiculous as we were years ago. Hopefully.
Anyway here is how my hair looked like at the beginning of my hairs drastic journey:

My great inspiration and hair color goal for most of my life was my favourite artist – lead singer of my favourite band paramore: Hayley Williams. Here are some of her photos so you’ll get the idea of what I was trying to recreate:

Of course couldn’t jump right to bright red color as my mum would not handle that very well. I needed to start slowly, with just a glint of deep red:

It got deeper, brighter and longer over the time. This was when I was around 15 years old and living in another town Kosice at high school’s all girls dormitory, so I was out of my parents reach but I still wasn’t as confident to color my hair such bright color.

Longer hair and brick color was much closer to my ideal, but still not quite it. Problem with red color is that it gets washed out very quickly.
Also first photo was my Halloween make up, I don’t aways looked like that.

Until finally I found and got the color I wanted. There is not more words needed: Fire red

Here comes the era of long red-haired Natalia:

I kept this hairstyle for most of my school years, till our “stuzkova”- something like prom you’re all familiar with. I wanted to keep long hair for this occasion only so I could have some pretty hairdo for the night.

And right after this celebration I cut my hair short but kept the red. I was 19.

It was so hard to maintain the hair color for longer than 5 washings and I had different color every time I washed my hair:

At this time I got to university and my mum made peace with my life decisions and hair colors.
So I decided to go blonde/white/grey.
I started bleaching them on my own at first as it was continuous process, so for some time I had bright orange/ yellow hair. It was gross but necessary.

But the rest of the bleaching I left on professional hairdresser and I was very pleased with the result. I only visit hairdresser for very massive change from long to short hair, otherwise I cut myself.

I was 20 and slowly started adding grey color to my hair:

New problem with this hair color that occurred was the constant need to color my newly grown brown hair. My hair got longer and longer and I used so many peroxide to bleach them what wasn’t very favouring for them:

At my 22 they were very dry, burned and just destroyed so I decided for another change – For the shortest hairstyle I ever had and my current hairstyle:

I had this short hair for just a week now but I’m loving it.
Let’s see what my hairstyle journey will be like next time.
Let me know in the comments what hairstyle of mine you liked the most 🙂
XO Natalia

Share:

25 Comments

1. April 22, 2018 / 7:23 am

Love the various selections of styles you have. Thanks for the share.

2. April 22, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Thank you for liking my post! You seem like you have an awesome blog, and post about some awesome things! Defo following! 😀

3. April 23, 2018 / 9:07 am

As a fan of long, dark, hair I surprised myself by liking your current style best. You look as much fun as my youngest daughter, now 35 and still changing hers. She got me onto FB some years ago. My WP blog followed

4. April 23, 2018 / 10:56 pm

What a great selection…

5. April 26, 2018 / 7:27 pm

During late 80s early 90s I had terrible hair. I had big 80s Motley Cruel esq hair, then a mullet. I have a Mohawk at moment but that’s because of my midlife crisis.

6. April 27, 2018 / 11:16 am

Love it! 💜 I have no idea what my natural hair colour is anymore. I miss my orange Hayley inspired hair – it was my fave!!

7. April 27, 2018 / 1:01 pm

I love the red but you also look great as a blonde. I can only pull off darker tones 👩🏻

8. May 5, 2018 / 8:02 pm

You look excellent in each and every hairstyle. You are amazing.

9. May 6, 2018 / 8:19 am

You are such an adventurous girl.
    You had such awesome journey…
    And all styles n colour suits you…

10. May 11, 2018 / 10:12 pm

I LOVE my red hair. Yes. Be careful about bleaching too much. It will severely damage your hair.

11. May 12, 2018 / 6:24 pm

Thanks for liking my post on Brooklyn Bridge Park so appreciate it . As for your hair, I ĺove the red. You look so beautiful in the picture where you have on the green dress.

12. May 18, 2018 / 1:56 am

Love your hair! I also love the band Paramore. #parawhore

13. May 20, 2018 / 3:20 pm

I spent the last ten years of my life coming to grips with my own genetic Italo-Polish receding hairline, thinning hair… At thirty, a coworker, older female, “helpfully” suggested I try a toupee (wig), so I laughed in her face, and showed up the next day shaved head all the way. Now I can’t stand hair longer than a half inch (1.25 cm)! You may never go back to long hair….

14. May 21, 2018 / 9:55 am

I think your new short style suits you very well, and it’s easier to manage too. I hope all that colouring hasn’t left your hair too damaged though. But what do I know? I don’t have much left! 🙂
    If you still want the grey or silver look, just wait until you are older, then stop colouring it. It worked for me. 🙂
    Best wishes, Pete.

15. May 28, 2018 / 1:12 am

I guess we all experiment with our hair as we grow up my journey was following the hair styles in fashion over the years but now I’m happy to keep it a short crew cut.

16. May 28, 2018 / 7:46 am

For a long time I was into the Goth scene and had shoulder length hair , recently I had it cut short and it feels so liberating!

17. May 29, 2018 / 10:58 pm

I really like your current hair color! Not many people can pull that off but it works great for you!!

18. July 2, 2018 / 5:30 pm

Hi Natalia! I didn’t know which post to comment on really 🙂 I read your story and I found that the reasons are different but I am trying to find myself and your journey was tough and I can relate to that 🙂 not as tough as mine or tough from different point of view. Keep in touch! Great blog!

19. November 17, 2018 / 3:33 pm

You look great as a blonde. 🙂
    I enjoyed the read through. You are absolutely an amazing writer.

• nat7x